Dress Code and Supply List
Posted on 07/01/2016
Murray Student Dress Code 2016-2017
- Hats (baseball style, beanies) may be worn outdoors only. Hats/hood may not be worn indoors at any time during the school day. Hats must be worn facing forward.
- Sunglasses may be worn to protect the eyes only when students are outdoors. They may NOT be worn indoors at any time during the school day.
- The following items are NOT permitted on campus:
- ~Gang affiliated items, Bandanas, sweatbands, and hairnets may not be worn at any time
- ~Inappropriate logos or words (such as controlled substances, references to actions against school policy, degrading to others, sexual content or implication, vulgarities, profanities, alcohol, tobacco, violence, guns or weapons)
- ~Backless shoes
- ~Clothing that creates a threatening or intimidating atmosphere, no long chains
- ~Jewelry that poses a safety hazard or a disruption (including spike earrings)
- ~Spiked or studded projections on clothing, shoes, hats, or body parts
- ~Writing on the body.
- Clothes shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times.
- No bra straps should be showing. No lace or see through shirts.
- Straps on the shoulder must be at least one inch wide.
- No cleavage should be visible
- Dress, skirt, skorts, and shorts length: must reach knuckle tips when arms are extended to the side of the leg or be no shorter than 5 inches above the top of the knee cap
- No skin on midriff or back should show
- Not permitted: spaghetti straps, tube tops, halter tops, strapless tops, racer back tops, backless tops, off the shoulder tops, low cut tops, see through tops or clothing made out of fishnet.
- Sagging pants are not allowed
- Underwear must not show
- No large armholes
- No cut off shirts which reveal midriff or back