Engaging All Students
April 24, 2017
Hello, this is Kirsti Smith, Principal at Murray Middle School with a message for the week of April 24, 2017. SBAC Testing for English and math begin this week. Students will need to rest and be well nourished for their best performance on these tests.
- Monday begins SBAC testing both math and English all day long. M
- Monday, 8th graders will bring home the information for Magic Mountain. This trip is May 30 and is restricted to those who meet the behavior and academic requirements. Listed on the information sheet.
- Tuesday SBAC testing continues with math and English all day. Also the BHS athletics department will be in the library to talk to 8th graders about the programs at BHS. This will be during lunches.
- Wednesday is our last Late Start Wednesday. Test make ups will be conducted.
- Wednesday there is band extravaganza at 5:00 at BHS.
- Thursday Test make ups. ASB interviews at lunches The last after school study hall will be in the library.
- Friday spirit day is crazy hair day. Orchestra will take a short trip to Monroe to hear the Young People concert.
- Saturday Math Field Day in Bakersfield – good luck tour team of 40 students.
- Saturday is the Inyokern 10 miler. This is being sponsored by our Cross country Team and is a walk, jog or run event. Starting at 8:00 with sign ups at 7:00. Meet at the dirt lot on China Lake and old 395/South Brown road. We walk/run to the Inyokern Park so have a ride at the other end.
- May 1 and 2 STOMP will be here for all parents. Specialized Training of Military Parents – but really anyone can attend. It will be 9 – 4 with an hour lunch at the Historical Society Building on Ridgecrest Blvd.
- Friday, May 5 we will have our last Principal’s Coffee. This meeting will start at 7:00 in the library. It will focus mostly on 8th grade transition to high school. We will also answer questions and concerns from any parent. Please RSVP if you will be attending – this might be a larger crowd and I want to have enough donuts and coffee.
- May 11 Is our Memories of Murray Open House. It starts at 5:30 with music, hot dog dinner $5.00, “garage sale” and book and history fair. 6:00 teachers will open their rooms and 7:00 we will have a presentation for all. Join us for the last Open House of this Murray Middle School Building. Invite your friends and family. This is our last big hurrah as we will be closing June 1.
****ALL…. Please be sure you have called 760-499-1820 to give us the legal names and birthdate and country of citizenship for any guest who might want to attend our Murray Memories Open House, May 11. We need this information no later than Tuesday, April 25!