Murray Middle School
Engaging All Students
February 20, 2017
Hello, this is Kirsti Smith, Principal at Murray Middle School with a message for the week of February 20, 2017. Welcome back, we hope you had a great four day weekend.
- Tuesday – our athletic teams are holding a Pizza Factory Fund Raiser. Go out to dinner and help out our athletes.
- Mustang Up starts Tuesday. 15 students per lunch are invited to room 41 at lunch for homework help. Others are welcome too.
- Wednesday is late start, be on time!
- Wednesday we also do the vision screening for 8th graders.
- Friday is the Pep Rally to cheer on the basketball teams. They play Monroe on Saturday at the BHS gym. Join us starting at 78:00 Saturday morning.
- Please check out the new Facebook Page created by Murray PTO. Search for Murraymiddleschoolpto. You will find dates of upcoming events and other information as we make it available. Also the Murray website has pictures of students and their activities check that out as well.
- The Reading Challenge continues through February 28. Record every minute you read. Our goal is to beat 330,000 minutes from last year. We will donate a book for every 10,000 minutes read. Join the fun and be a reader! March 2, Dr. Seuss birthday is the culmination with a surprise for top readers. So far Murray has read 120,866 minutes. 8th grade has read the most then 7th then 6th grade. Staff is reading as well but in 4th place!
- Students will bring home a green paper about the Naturalization process – on Tuesday. The workshop is Wednesday the 22 of February at the Vieweg Educational Center on Rowe Street.
This week’s SBAC words are:
- logical progression of ideas 2. logical sequence of events,
3. mental picture (writing)