Murray Middle School
Engaging All Students
January 16, 2017
Hello, This is Kirsti Smith, Principal at Murray Middle School with a message for the week of January 16, 2017. I want to start by thanking JulieAnne Pennix, our PTO president. She organized an amazing event for the students at Murray. Friday, we had 14 Mustangs – the car type, roaring on to campus at lunch. The students were allowed to see them, take pictures of them and talk to the owners. It was a great event. The students are excited about doing well enough to be able to afford a “cool car” like these Mustangs!
- No school Monday the 16th as it is a holiday in observance of Martin Luther King Junior. There is a Chess Tournament
- We started a new session of Mustang Up at lunch for students who need time to work on class or homework. If you want your child to attend, please call Tina at the front desk and she will add him or her to the list.
- Tuesday is the first Rachel’s Challenge meeting – it will be during the student’s lunch in room 34. All students are invited. This is a kindness club.
- Wednesday is late Start – please be on time.
- Thursday we have a CJSF meeting in the library at 7:00 am. Zero period PE students can stop by the library after PE.
- 6/7 grade GATE students are taking a field trip to the Maturango Museum Thursday
- Thursday we have a Site Council meting at 10:40 in the office.
- Friday spirit day is crazy sox day – the spirit count is very close so every student wear crazy socks to help your class win the spirit party!
- Basketball games are Tuesday at Wallace and Wednesday against Charter at Monroe.
- Yearbooks are still on sale and are $37 through room 37, Mrs. Abshire or online.
This week’s SBAAC words are:
1. effective beginnings/endings, 2. Elaborate/elaboration of ideas, 3. essay,
4. Establish a claim, 5. evidence.